2017 Federal Services Award
The American Association of Women Dentists presents the Federal Services Award to recognize the lifetime achievements made by women dentists in the Federal Services arena. Application instructions for this award are listed below.
Each year, AAWD presents the Federal Services Award to a woman dentist who:
- Has made outstanding achievements in the Federal Services arena as an advocate or dental officer
- Exhibits role model qualities that positively reflect the image of women dentists and commitment to the profession
To nominate an AAWD member deserving of this award, complete the nomination form below and return it to the AAWD National Office, along with a recommendation letter detailing why the nominee should be selected as well as their curriculum vitae. Please forward this information no later than: August 1, 2017.
Nominee eligibility requirements:
- Current AAWD member in good standing and history of full membership in AAWD
- Service as a Federal Service dental officer OR acting as an advocate for women Federal Service dental officers
- Nominee must not have been a member of the AAWD board during the past two (2) calendar years
Nominator must submit the following:
- Application form
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation on behalf of nominee, explaining reasons for nomination including mentoring and advocacy efforts
The recipient will be selected by Federal Services representatives and the award will be presented in September, 2017 during AAWD’s Annual Meeting on Amelia Island, FL.
Mail completed application by August 1, 2017 to:
American Association of Women Dentists
7794 Grow Drive
Pensacola, FL 32514
You can also email or fax your application electronically:
Fax : 850-484-8762